Marry,s Cherry Rub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
is this rub any good. i see it mentioned in some reciepes. also is the head country rubs and BBQ sauce any good Thanks

Howdy Bryan,

No experience with Mary's Cherry rub, but I do like Head Country rub and sauces. The rub is pretty salty and not hot, so I usually amend it some. I have been experimenting with a mixture of 1 part Head Country, 1 part Wild Willy's, and 1 part Old Bay. Still experimenting.

As with most things, it's "good" if you like it. Give it a try and see what you think.

George

Bought a dozen bottles of Marys Cherry, we like it. Nice on ribs and chicken. I believe it is too mild for brisket and butts, I like to kick it up a notch for those larger pieces of meat.

Just got the Head Country sauce & Rub. Could'nt wait till this weekend to taste the sauce so i opened it up and took a taste MAN IS THAT GOOOOD. Going to try the rub this weekend on my first Brisket.

Bryan,

The rub is pretty salty, so I would recommend using it sparingly at first. I destroyed some perfectly innocent ribs the first time I used it. Enjoy,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back