Marinating and Brining...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently found a new BBQ Marinade that I like pretty well. It is called Chiavetta's BBQ Marinade. It's a vinegar-based rather thin sauce similar in consistancy to Carolina vinegar sauce.

Anyway, I first tried this on chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) and really liked it. I marinated for about an hour and rubbed them with a generic poultry seasoning just before putting on the WSM. I was really happy with the results.

I want to try some boneless, skinless chicken breasts with this marinade, but I'm concerned about them becoming too dry. I usually brine my chicken breasts and they never come out dry. Can I marinade and brine? If so, would I brine first? This sauce is very acidic so you can't marinate for long or the chicken will become mushy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tom brine first, you may not want much more that water salt and sugar in that brine, then marinade and cook.
Let us know how it turns out.
Jim

Hi,

I've had good results by applying a dry rub after brinning. I leave the rub on for 12 to 24 hrs.
I find that a dry rub imparts more flavor than a marinade without danger of turning the meat mushy.

AL

Thanks for your replies...

Jim, I thought that would be right, just wanted confirmation. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Al, I've used a rub after brining many times with good results. This particular marinade has a flavor that I've never found before, so I just wanted to try it out.

Thanks again for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back