Marinated Skirt at Costco

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Can't remember what thread we'd been discussing those in. Anyway my friend and some of you guys got the better of my curiosity. Busy day yesterday. Ordered new glasses at Costco, picked up scrips, and was hankering to use the Genesis to make some fajitas.
So, I picked up a pack of those skirts, some miniature super sweet grilling peppers, and some tortilla shells along with some Fronterra Grill salsa.
Cut up some onions tossed that and those peppers with some seasonings (salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano and some oil), on the grill they went. Afterward slapped on one of those skirts.
Gotta say for an "in a pinch" meal the were outstanding. Yeah a bit of a salt bomb but tender and flavorful with no extra work on my part. They will definitely be in my "arsenal" for in a pinch quick tacos or fajitas.
No shots of the meat, but good shot of cooking the veg material :D
1676124000788.jpeg

Your peppers and onions do look mighty tasty, though!

Yeah, what @Brenda T said :)
They were. For fajitas/tacos when I do this my standard prep is toss with EVOO, chili powder, cumin, salt and oregano (I use regular oregano as the Mexican stuff is a special trip into Belvidere or to Valli's to hit the stores that cater more to our Mexican population. But good ol regular is a good stand in
I use the grill pan seen in the photo. Nice piece (304SS) I found them at Costco.

Yeah, a bit salty I’d have to agree but, for a “quick and dirty”, I think it’s pretty decent.
I am just about ready to fire up a batch of that stuff, maybe next week.
The next time I see those SS grill units at Costco, I WILL pick up a set! The thing I have just doesn’t work that well.

Last edited:

Back