Many questions on building the Mini wsm

Jon, relax and enjoy. Don't over think the project! If you want to drill holes, drill holes. If you want to cut out the bottom, then by all means cut the bottom out. The beauty of this smoker is that there is really no right or wrong method to the build! Myself, I cut out the bottom using a dinner plate as my template. I then cut a few flanges out of the remaining inch or so left on the bottom of the pot. I folded those flanges slightly up and used them as platform to rest my difuser on. For my difuser, I just trimmed the steamer tray that came with the pot down to size and covered it with some foil. I didn't like the thought of using the clay saucer as I felt too much fuel was being used to heat the clay saucer. As for the grommet mod, the popular alternative to the Cajun Bandit grommets is to purchase some Lamp wiring threaded tubing. this should help.. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?19285-Grommet-Mod-For-New-ET-732
Again, Good luck and relax!
Tim

Last edited:
+1. I couldn't agree more.

Jon, relax and enjoy. Don't over think the project! If you want to drill holes, drill holes. If you want to cut out the bottom, then by all means cut the bottom out. The beauty of this smoker is that there is really no right or wrong method to the build! Myself, I cut out the bottom using a dinner plate as my template. I then cut a few flanges out of the remaining inch or so left on the bottom of the pot. I folded those flanges slightly up and used them as platform to rest my difuser on. For my difuser, I just trimmed the steamer tray that came with the pot down to size and covered it with some foil. I didn't like the thought of using the clay saucer as I felt too much fuel was being used to heat the clay saucer. As for the grommet mod, the popular alternative to the Cajun Bandit grommets is to purchase some Lamp wiring threaded tubing. this should help.. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?19285-Grommet-Mod-For-New-ET-732
Again, Good luck and relax!
Tim

yea, keep it simple frst. cook on it several times and then you will get an idea of what you need to do further if there is one.

Back