Make Soon

I will incorporate this "make soon" folder in when I retire for sure!! I'll also try a kettle and a smoker. That sounds like fun!

Right now I currently have 15 gas Weber's. I'll have to make room for a kettle and a smoker lol.

It does make it easier when planning a week's menu. They are all sorted by main ingredient and we just pick from the top of the stack.

Does anyone else have a "Make Soon" folder?
Nah. We just buy proteins that we want/like/are on sale and cook and or freeze them. This way we can go 10-14 days between grocery store runs.

We try to cook seasonally but cooking is also driven by time availability.

Example, I want to do another porchetta. I just need to ensure we have 6-8 people over so it’ll get consumed.

OK! I finished bringing the folder up to date. Sorry, I want a printed copy of the list and will post here.

9-1-24
Chicken 23
Turkey 2
Beef 7
Pork 14
Breakfast 8
Dessert 9
Pasta 4
Salad 3
Sauce 2
Seafood 3
Slow Cooker 4
Soup 10
Veg. 8
Misc. 7

TOTAL 116

Nah. We just buy proteins that we want/like/are on sale and cook and or freeze them. This way we can go 10-14 days between grocery store runs.

We try to cook seasonally but cooking is also driven by time availability.

Example, I want to do another porchetta. I just need to ensure we have 6-8 people over so it’ll get consumed.
If you're short on people and need volunteers I can help you out!! 😉

OK! I finished bringing the folder up to date. Sorry, I want a printed copy of the list and will post here.

9-1-24
Chicken 23
Turkey 2
Beef 7
Pork 14
Breakfast 8
Dessert 9
Pasta 4
Salad 3
Sauce 2
Seafood 3
Slow Cooker 4
Soup 10
Veg. 8
Misc. 7

TOTAL 116
How much freezer and refrigerator space do you have?

So, along with the Make Soon folder, we have "This Week" folder and what was selected for dinner tomorrow night- "Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder with Peach Sauce" will have to be made some other time.

Back