Magnetic knife bar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris W.:
That Mag Block is really cool. It might be my next purchase, as cabinet space is at a premium in my house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, I got mine and its mounted. I love it, looks nice and has a very strong magnet. If your thinking about getting one dont hesitate.

P1020548_edited.JPG

We bought a magnetic block, not a bar. We are redesigning our kitchen around it.

Finally got around to ordering a Mag Blok - they look absolutely gorgeous, let's hope UK Customs don't take exception to them!

I noticed TVWB appears in their links section.

Does the Mag block have a tendency to tip over if the knife was not removed in a correct manner?
Referring to JRPfeff's post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mick N:
Does the Mag block have a tendency to tip over if the knife was not removed in a correct manner?
Referring to JRPfeff's post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mick,

The magnet is so strong that it is difficult to remove the knives unless you pull them like they were in a knife block slot. Pulling sideways will result in the block moving with the knife. It won't tip over, but the knife won't come loose, either.

Jim

I use the Ken Onion chef's knife (is that the elite?) and the paring knives that are on the other side of the block the most.

Jim

Jim, where did you get that block? I was set on a mag-blok but that is pretty **** nifty!

I have some, and plan on getting more, damascus clad japanese knives, so I can't put those pretty things away!

Joe,

I just came across your question. I bought the block from a local cooking store.

It is made by Messermeister and is available on Amazon for $112.

Jim

Hmm, forgot about this, I'll take a look, I love the concept.

Interestingly enough it carries the "sam the cooking guy" brand, a local TV cooking personality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">R </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^Thanks for the link Mark. Ordering mine tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl H.:
For those who have magnetic knife storage, does it result in magnetizing the knives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just checked. No.

Back