Love Me Some Grill Grates

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So ordered my first Grill Grates and they arrived a few days ago. Made a nice grilled veggie quartered potato and really nice hamburgers on it tonight for the first use and it was fabulous. Whoever brought out this product deserves a spot in some Hall of Fame. Best grilling item I have ever seen.
Sorry no pics, to busy, and food disappeared quick with seven of us here.

Don't know anything about the Craycourts but can tell you that the Grill Grates do every thing they say they do. I washed then seasoned them in my oven before first use with some canola oil and 350 degree oven.

Someone on this forum, last fall, posted a sale on Grill Grates. I followed up, bought some at a very good price. I have been happy with the addition to my grill. I don't always use them - it depends on what I am grilling. Hamburgers, steaks and chops benefit (or rather "I" benefit;)) from their use. They don't eliminate flare-ups but they greatly reduce them. The grill marks are outstanding and they seem to capture and HOLD the heat when using.

I give a "two thumbs up" to Grill Grates...

Dale53

Good reviews as I'm between the gg's or craycorts.

Whats it like to do chicken wings on gg's. Also do you set up to cook indirect or direct just like with a normal grate. I guess the grooved design makes things look a lot different to cook with.

Last edited:
Just got mine today for the recently restored Genesis 3000. I am very impressed already. Tested tonight with some el-cheapo 73/27 ground beef pattied up, and they were perfect. Great grill marks, perfectly cooked, and not a flare up in sight for the whole cook. I am very pleased with this addition, and look forward to cooking with these some more.

Back