Looking for smoking wood in Indianapolis

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Is there anyone in the Indianapolis area that has smoking wood they'd like to get rid of? Maybe from the recent storms, or an old tree that you had cut down? I can pick the wood up in my pick-up truck if you have large limbs or logs. I prefer oak, hickory, walnut, or poplar...but I'll take what I can get if it's not what I prefer

I'm planning on entering a BBQ contest, and I need quite a lot of wood for all the smoking my team plans on doing. If I were to buy it, it would cost me more than it's worth to enter the BBQ cook off.

Let me know where you live, and what type of wood you have. I'm on the south side of Indy (Greenwood), and would be willing to drive within 50 miles to pick up what you're willing to give.

Thanks!!!

Jason

Hey Jason, I live in Brownsburg and I have a buddy in Avon who has all kinds of wood. He has Cherry wood set aside in plate sized slices an inch or two thick, perfect to chunk up to whatever size you want. He was going to look for some Hickory for me. Most of the wood is all mixed up, but if you give him some time he might be able to dig up what you want...if you are interested I can get you his phone number. he is going out of town Friday for at least a week. Hope that helps. My number 858-9023.

Thanks for the note...I would like to know more. Where's the wood cominig from? Is he selling it, or looking to give it away? Is it seasoned or is it straight form the ground?

Thanks for the info.

Jason

The cherry is from last fall, it is cured and ready. he has apple which is still a little green. He thought he had cured walnut, but he would have to dig around and find it (i don't know if walnut is any good for cooking, I haven't tried it) Take care.

Back