looking for much needed help on breaking down my trusty OTS

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
Circumstances dictate that we have to move so I'm trying to disassemble my OTS so that I can put it in a box. I've watched several " unboxing" videos in hopes of just reversing the order but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to the the wheels off so that I can remove the support and pull out the legs. I contemplated just pulling the wheel caps off with some pliers ( they don't appear to be threaded) but thought that someone here would almost certainly be able to send me in the right direction. if there is a video showing how to break down a built OTS, my cyber sleuthing skills are insufficient to find it.

thanks!

I think those caps on the wheels are "crunched" on, so if you remove them, they may not work again. I'd try to leave them on.

Same for the legs. They sort of crunch into place. They may never fit snugly again once removed. My new Master-Touch has a clip to hold the legs, so they can be removed and replaced without ruining the fit.

Commonly called PAL nuts, you can pry them off with a screwdriver. Make sure you get to the metal part, which is under the fancy plastic cap. Because of their nature, you can't always reuse them.

When I restored mine I was able to get them off and reuse. The good news is Weber sells a bag of 3 along with a new front leg cap for about $5.

As for the legs, if you do take them off and they won't stay when you try and put them back on, you can simply swap them L>R and R>L and they'll fit like new. Another option is to take a pair of channel locks and slightly 'squish' (technical term) the socket. Just don't over-squish.

Back