Looking for LP orifices for the older Genesis 1000

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I am looking for a set of LP orifices for the older Genesis 1000. I have plenty of LP orifices for the newer grills but they have a smaller thread diameter.
The photo below shows the shiny brass NG orifice with the wide thread which I need to replace and the newer style LP with the narrower thread. I basically need the wider one with smaller LP hole. Does anyone know where to buy them?
I also do know what thread size these are.
thanks guys

Attachments

• 74028411-B97D-42F9-A468-8F38E4B9FBAE.jpeg
    74028411-B97D-42F9-A468-8F38E4B9FBAE.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 18
Here are 3 resources
But be aware it's not always as simple as screwing in some orifices

I just ordered a natural gas manifold to convert one of my grills. I could send you the LP orifices if you want.
Or we could swap manifolds.

Gerry

I’m having the same issue. The ones I have are for NG and in need LG. Found a donor but the orifices are too small like Stefan said.

You can't just change orifices. Anyone who tells you you can and that it works correctly needs their head candled. The valves are DIFFERENT between LP and NG

Larry, you should have an automated response for whenever an LP->NG or NG->LP conversion thread is posted.

Perhaps it could say "Weber has made it essentially impossible to convert its gas grills between LP and NG. The only functional method is to swap out the entire manifold. So, buy the correct grill for your current fuel source. If your fuel source changes, don't change your orifices or valves. Get a new grill."

;) :)

Trouble is there are thieves online that sell so called "conversion" kits for huge rip off $$$ and people see that and carelessly believe them. Maybe perhaps Chris could make a sticky of some kind? I could and have offered to do them for people but I can only do LP to NG and once done it can never go back to LP. The only way to switch back and forth is to have both manifolds on hand and use what you need

I have a similar question in a recently posted thread. If I read the above correctly, it's not possible to frankenstein a solution using a 1200 NG and an existing Silver B manifold. Correct?

New manifold should be the only way to go but 1) they do not want to pay over $100 for a new manifold or 2) Weber is not selling any conversion for a good reason.
Having people convert is a liability.

Just find a donor grill and cannibalize the manifold (and other parts) from that.

New manifold should be the only way to go but 1) they do not want to pay over $100 for a new manifold or 2) Weber is not selling any conversion for a good reason.
Having people convert is a liability.
I don’t blame Weber. It’s the society we live in. I wanted to buy some 4 prong spit forks for my kettle rotisserie and they wouldn’t sell them to me because they are not designed for my rotisserie.

Back