Looking for donor frame for 2004 Genesis Silver C

MikeD_Mrd5

Hi everyone, I'm a 1st time poster so hoping to drawn upon your collective wisdom....

I did a quick search across the forum and I read the sticky thread but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. Bottom-line, my beloved Genesis Silver C (owned since new in 2004) got crushed by a neighbor's tree that fell across our property (grrrrr). In addition to taking out the left wing and flip panel the impact also cracked most of the welds in the frame (the lid is questionable too). To add insult to injury, I just finished a refurb on the grill maybe 6 mo ago and replaced the rusted bottom shelf with diamond plate.

Anyway, I found a free donor silver C over the weekend but the side rail next to the firebox has the typical rot. I'm debating whether it's worth it to repair the side rail on this donor or to keep looking for different one.

So here's my question: Does anyone know which other grills share the same frame as the 2004 Genesis Silver C? I saw a newer Genesis E-310 that looked to have a similar frame and it made me wonder if anyone had some sort of cross-reference that matched up frames across the various years & models.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
-Mike

IMG-0135.jpg

That thing needs more than a frame. Wow it's bad. Looks worse than my old grill I gave son in law after contractor smashed it

Yah, any Gold or Silver C frame should be interchangeable on parts. They were made from 2000-2006. What I would do is find a decent one and use that as the base grill and swap the parts from your current grill over that you think are better or more desireable. Your grill is a near total loss. Did the neighbor offer to pay for it? It should be covered by their home owners insurance.

Hi MikeD, Consider a Silver B frame or a donor Silver/Gold B or C grill.
The Silver B has common legs.

Look for SWE frame type

My neighbor took care of the clean up and threw a couple hundred bucks my way. While I could go buy a new weber as my better half suggested, frankly I prefer the ergonomics of the classic Silver C with both side flip-ups. Nothing else offers the same amount of work surface (I'm preaching to the choir here....)

As for a donor, I'm obviously on the lookout for any silver B's or C's, but I was curious if there were any other models that may share the same frame. For example I saw on Facebook someone selling a "Genesis E-310" which looks to be a few years newer but with the same type of frame (see pic). You guys know of any other models that might be similar?

IMG-0136.PNG

My neighbor took care of the clean up and threw a couple hundred bucks my way. While I could go buy a new weber as my better half suggested, frankly I prefer the ergonomics of the classic Silver C with both side flip-ups. Nothing else offers the same amount of work surface (I'm preaching to the choir here....)

As for a donor, I'm obviously on the lookout for any silver B's or C's, but I was curious if there were any other models that may share the same frame. For example I saw on Facebook someone selling a "Genesis E-310" which looks to be a few years newer but with the same type of frame (see pic). You guys know of any other models that might be similar?

View attachment 25937
That Spirit would help for parts. Look for SWE frames. Stop Watch Engineering

View attachment 25937
That Spirit would help for parts. Look for SWE frames. Stop Watch Engineering

Virtually nothing on an E310 grill will transfer over to your grill and vice versa. You want a Silver or Gold C. Lids will transfer from a Genesis 1000 to 5000 but not a lot more.

Virtually nothing on an E310 grill will transfer over to your grill and vice versa. You want a Silver or Gold C. Lids will transfer from a Genesis 1000 to 5000 but not a lot more.
Bruce, the left frame where the table rests is common. The lower legs, firebox and lid are compatible.

the challenge is the main frame on the damaged grill will need to be welded

Back