Looking for Circa 1995 Weber Genesis Thermometer Holder

We'll, that's annoying! Hopefully someone has an extra one they can send you, it would be a pain to have to find a whole other grill for one little part.

Weather was nice enough to get out and take a Pic. This is a 2000 silver B. I don't have any extra at this time.

20230210_135701.jpg

I know there is someone out there with a broken end cap with that thermometer holder on it somewhere, but have you looked for any free/cheap parts grills as a backup plan?

You could also replace the entire end cap. Many of them have the thermometer holder cast as part of the end cap instead of as a separate part. I checked - I have the extra end cap but the thermometer holder is not attached to it. I probably broke mine at some point as well.

There's always hi temp JB weld.

I think the problem here is that there are probably not many members here with surplus of this part vs having extra end caps also missing this part. Unfortunately, it is a small, breakable, but important part that isn’t likely to be sitting in someone’s parts bin as an unneeded leftover.

On the later Genesis Silver grills the thermometer holder was cast into the end cap and not removable like earlier grills. I actually learned this not too long ago in a different discussion about broken end caps and believe Dan Hoo pointed that out to me.

Hard to say for sure from that grainy picture, but that might be one of the cast in kind. Even if so, that ad posted by Mike shows that given time a freebie or close to it solution will most likely come along.

After looking at the picture again I just wonder how this happened in the first place. I can see if the holder was loose and shattered while trying to tighten it down again. If that's the case then where did the extra, apparently man made hole come from?Screenshot_20230220-230446~2.png

After looking at the picture again I just wonder how this happened in the first place. I can see if the holder was loose and shattered while trying to tighten it down again. If that's the case then where did the extra, apparently man made hole come from?View attachment 66604
Maybe the cast thermometer holder has two guide posts and the screw to secure it.

Back