Looking for a source for these...

David Ward

TVWBB Fan
Does anybody know where to buy/order the round screen racks like in this picture?

Cold smoking photo

I would like to find some to use for smoking jerky in my WSM by stacking a bunch of them a inch or so above each other with spacers. My friends and I prefer the round type of jerky which does not hang as well as the flat sliced style. This type of rack would be perfect and let the smoke flow all around the sticks.

David, those are pizza screens. I get mine at Atlanta Fixture (a restaurant supply store) on the access road alongside I-85 near Chamblee. They carry several sizes.

ATLANTA FIXTURE (Restaurant Supply)
NE Expressway Access Road, Chamblee, GA Hours: M-F: 8:30-5:30, S: 9-4
(770) 455-8844

Rita

Gordon food service also sells them. I don't know if they are in Georgia though.

I bought a couple to smoke some almonds on a couple of months ago.

Wow, A local source no less (I'm on the south side of Atlanta).

I had tried a bunch of ways to describe them in google searches and never found them. Of course I did not think of a pizza pan as the name.

Thanks....

David, make sure you ask for pizza *screen* not pan. It's amazing, the help you can get here, isn't it?

Rita

Yes it is!!!! That's why I asked here instead of one of the "other" q' sites
icon_rolleyes.gif
(actually this is my absolute favorite smoking site - bar none...)

I'm also amazed at how many folks I see in the Metro Atlanta area.

David - you shouldn't have much of a problem finding it at any restaurant supply store anywhere. If the one Rita suggested doesn't work out... maybe one of these will? (from google maps)

anyhow, good luck

Back