Looking at a new Genesis.....

Scott K James

But am undecided if I want the E, EP, of S model. I have an old 1995 Genesis that has been used and abused and held up will. My mother gave me that grill on my last birthday she was alive so I plan to restore is and save it for special meals only. The new grill will my my daily grill when I don't feel like lighting coals. It will be out of the weather so that is not an issue but I do love my stainless grates! That said the EP seems like it may be the best option.

Thoughts?

And thanks!

Yup, the EP has my vote. For just a little more than the E you get the grates and SS flametamers. I've had both recent E and now the EP models and would not go back given the choice. S is more work to maintain the exterior for more cost.

Rich

I'll third the EP. Like the stainless internals of the EP, but the extra $100 for the stainless exterior is not worth it to me for the S.

After MUCH thought and research I bought the ep-330 last year (steel gray). All I can say is that I have NO regrets. Absolutely love it. I would stay away from the SS if you like to keep your grills looking pristine on the exterior. Not that it can't be done with SS... but definitely more work. Put it this way... you cannot take an SOS pad to SS like you can porcelain enamel after a super messy night of BBQ'ing.

I've got an EP 330 and love it. The Searing Station is a MUST if you enjoy cooking steaks. The SS grates and flame tamers are fantastic.

Personaly, I wouldn't go with an "S" model. I truely do not care for a stainless steel outside. I much prefer the custom colors of the EP line, or the good ol' standard weber black. Stainless steel needs to be kept very clean or it looks like crap. Plus every grill out there is SS.

I went with a red EP 330 and haven't looked back. Best.Grill.Ever. :)

I have a Genesis S-330, the stainless is nice and the grill is great.
If I had to do it over again, I'd get an EP-330 in black. Same insides as the S-330 only cheaper, and it would match my other Weber cookers. :)

Bob

I'm also considering a new Genesis to replace my Redhead Genesis 1000. I've been reading here and reviews on Amazon.com. My first internal battle was 310 vs. 330. I've never had a side burner on a grill and frankly I think just about the only use I'd have for the side burner is to use it to light my Weber chimney when I'm getting ready to fire up the WSM. However I think the Sear station might be worthwhile and you can't get one without the other. So I'm pretty much leaning towards the 330. I'd pretty much made up my mind on the S-330 versus the E-330 because I wanted the stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates. Question is, is the EP something that was a model built in 2012 and not a model for 2013? I can't find the EP listed on Weber's site and HomeDepot.com doesn't list them. Searching on Amazon I can find them. From what I'm reading the only difference in the EP and the S series 330 is the S has the stainless steel cabinet where the EP has the enameled steel cabinets?

I used to thumb my nose at a side burner but I'll tell you what...........................I put one on my Summit and was so happy with it I had a chance to scrap out an old Genesis with one and slapped it on my old Genesis II. In the summer you'd be amazed at how much I put those side burners to use on my deck. Sometimes I have both grills going and both side burners cooking away. It does keep the house cooler. So once you have it you'll wonder how you got along without it.

Hi Mark,

Yes, the only difference between the S and EP is the SS cabinets and shroud. Everything else is the same.

I quickly called Weber for a few reasons, andseeing your post, I asked about the EP line, I was told they are still making the EP series and you can get it through certain dealers or on line. I was told they don't show it on thier website because it's the same as the S series but with the enamal paint. I don't understand why they wouldn't show it. ???? I was in a rush and did't pursue it. But yes, they are still being made.

I also noticed that when you look at the E series on the web site, it show's it's available in green, copper too. I had thought that these colors where only availbale on the EP line, not the E. But checking on line, it looks like I am wrong on that because I see from Amazon I can get a green E 330 and it has the PC grates.

So I'm confused too. (But that's nothing surprising) What I do know is I have a brick red EP 330. It has the SS burners, grate and bars, and the sear station and unlike other EP 330's I see online, mine says "Special Edition Genesis" vs "Genesis" but the specs are exactly the same. Go figure.

Anyhow, I love my EP 330. Yes. Love it. I never use the side burner, but like you wanted the sear station and I prefer the enamal rather than the SS on the outside. I never had good luck with PC grates and wanted the SS grates and flavorizor bar and I am very happy with them. The searing burner works great and the grill is top notch. If you want high heat cooking, get it!

I would try ACE harware, or an apliance store (Weber has a dealer locator feature on thier website), or just order it online. I was able to find mine last year for $799, with no tax and free shipping.

Last edited:
i have a S-330 and use it 3 or 4 times a week! i absolutely love it!

the stainless grates are a must have!

you can't go wrong with either the EP or S models; just be sure to get a grill cover to keep it looking good!

i recently was in the same situation as you were.
switching from a q220 which by the way is a great little grill.
originally the grill i wanted was a summit with a rotisserie burner but that is too big for what i need and was too much for my budget.
ended up getting an ep-330 because it had a sear station ,stainless steel internals and an enamel painted hood.

Back