Lone Star Grillz "El Patron"

Yep, used the smoke box, did the front burner only trick on the Genesis, tried outer burners only on the Summit and the Wolf, used an oven thermometer to keep temps on the down low 210 +- a bit. They all ended up in trash. Just like my chuck roast attempts. Yet I have accomplished bottom rounds with decent results on the gassers. (I once tried eye of round) and won't ever go there again. But, I have done bottom rounds on the rotisserie and gotten some pretty nice roast beef.
In any case I have 2 proper smokers now and other than really large high temp cooks (like if I am doing burgers for a large crowd, dogs and such) maybe a high temp pizza cook as well, my gas grills are basically getting quite lonely

I know you guys scoff at doing a brisket on a gas grill (rotisserie or not). So, this should really get your dander up. How about a brisket on an electric grill???

Doesn't get dander up. Not sure what makes you think it would. I am just puzzled how anyone can make it work. I've tried and they've been food for the garbage can multiple times. Have never accomplished brisket until I bought the pellet grill(s)

Larry, that wasn't directed at you. I realize that a lot of guys out there that would never consider cooking something like brisket on a gas grill. At least you tried it. On the opposite side, I have never done one on charcoal or any other fuel. So, I really can't compare it to a brisket done traditionally on a coal or stick grill. My point was simply that I really liked the brisket that I did on my gas grill. Makes me wonder what I am missing.

Yeah, I would have loved to have a taste of that one you did. You will just have to find yourself an inexpensive pellet grill and give it a go (understanding they do have a learning curve). Quite honestly, many people go on about how pellet grills are too easy and us who like them are "lazy". But, they DO have a learning curve. Yeah not as steep as a stick burner but honestly a lot steeper than a gas grill IMO

I am good with lazy Larry. Probably the biggest reason I do gas instead instead of coal.

It seems to me that the pellet grills are actually maybe easier to use than gas. They all have the temp settings and as long as it is well functioning pellet grill, it seems they are fairly set and forget. With my gas grill, it takes a long time and many trips in the first half hour or so on long cooks to get the temp dialed in. It will stay pretty good after that, but will fluctuate every so often and make me go back out and play with it again. Seems the electronic controlled pellet grills continually monitor and adjust the temps automatically. At least that is my limited knowledge of them.

Back