LOGOS

Ernest Buckley

TVWBB Fan
Hey Everyone,

My first catering BBQ was a smash hit over the weekend. Cooked for a party of 20. Pulled pork, baby back ribs, mac an cheese, coleslaw... I was tempted to go out and get some business cards but decided to wait until I can get myself a logo b4 doing so. Have any of you used a logo for your bbq businesses?

I`m calling my services "Brooklyn Barbecue". Simple, to the point. I just purchased the domain name (www.brooklynbbq.com) and now I`m looking into getting a logo. Just wanted to know if you have used a logo, where you got it, how much you payed, etc...

The link is not working yet, I`m still designing my site.

Thanks,
EB

Congrats on your first catering gig! Glad it all came out well for you, and congrats on the awesome domain score
icon_cool.gif
As far as logos, this one comes to mind bbqlogos.com I think its pretty pricy, but the logos are beautiful.

Brandon

Great job. Smart thinking getting the domain name. As for your logo, if you want a sign, you can check out what I did here:

BBQ Signs

My sign is made of raw steel, and is just starting to rust nicely, adding some character to it.

If you are looking for just a logo it might not be a bad idea to check the local colleges to see if their graphic design programs work with outside businesses. They might make this into a class project where you go in and give the description of what you are thinking about and then you will be able to chose from multiple designs. If that does not work then one of the students may take this as a side job and cut the cost because getting "real world" pieces into their portfolio is always important to them.

Ernest,

I concur with Kevin; check into local community or 4 year colleges for design help at a minimal cost. With graphic design, you don't have to have a degree to produce quality work; merely an acceptable product for the customer. It's all about creativity and connecting with the customer on what he/she wants. You can certainly contact an established graphic artist and see samples of their work. Some of the larger printing companies employee graphic artists also.

Paul

Hey Everyone.
Thanks for the ideas. I checked out BBQlogos (thanks Brandon) and they are drafting up some ideas for me.

I like the college idea, but time is of the essence.

EB

I used BBQLogos.com and it worked out great. I think it was $200. I provided him the basic idea and what I wanted to see. He sent me a couple sketches. He was then happy to make various changes, put into color, make more changes, etc. until I was satisfied. I highly recommend this site.

Team Hambones by the Fire

Do you have a basic idea or anything ideas as to what colors or elements (style, symbol, picture) you might want in your logo? I have done some graphic design work in the past and might be able to help.

Here is my team logo that I designed.
piglebowskifinal-copy.jpg

I used LogoWorks for my business logo a few years ago. I think they are up to $300 or $400 for the logo design packages now. That might be a bit much for a BBQ logo. But, you get several concepts and unlimited revisions.

I had good success with them, so that is why I'm passing it along.

Thanks Eddie but I`m working with bbqlogo.
They came up with something very close to what I had in mind. We`re just tweaking it at this point. I`ll post it when its done.

Back