Lodge CI Griddle placement

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
I have two Weber Spirit 210 grills. An LP one in our main home and a NG one(which I restored this past winter) in our beach home at the Jersey Shore. I purchased one of these Lodge CI reversible griddle for each:

https://shop.lodgemfg.com/griddles-and-grill-pans/double-play-reversible-grill-griddle.asp

These style/era Spirits have two burners running front to rear. Both have OEM CI Weber grates. I tried removing one grate and placing the griddle in the opening but it's a hair too short and very precarious. So it needs to sit on top of the grates. What is the best way to place the griddle in order to get it as hot as possible? Front to back centered over one of the burners or side to side with an equal portion over each burner? Both

Anyone else use this Lodge griddle and have recommendations?

Last edited:
I wish someone had some feedback for this. I was planning on picking up a Lodge griddle from Lehman's when we do our annual Amish cheese run later this summer

I've used that exact griddle on my silver B both parallel and perpendicular to the burners. I've never measured the temperature, but I don't recall there being much difference either way.

Most often I use it parallel to the burners pulled towards the front of the grill such that the first and second burners are under it. The heat seems generally pretty even in that configuration, but again I've not measured or anything.

Back