Located 18" weber one touch Platinums

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
Wow, Jim, that new cart is REALLY nice!

Where/what/etc. did you find for a base. Just placed order with CCESHOP. Maybe I should cancel it and regroup.

Now that's just to cool for school. How's the stability on the First Cart?

Could you post some close up shots of the mount?

On the New Cart, the butane torch with the poly attachment, for defensive purposes only, right?

I gots to know...

Donald

The first cart which is made from a platinum that you would get from CCESHOP. Works great. I never had a problem with stability.I had this idea that all my counter heights should be the same. So I made the second cart for that purpose.
It is nice but the first cart was good enough and less work.

Once again, a day or two late...

Keith,

Unfortunately, Weber has changed their product line and will not offer the Weber One Touch Platinum series in 2007.

yada-yada-yada...

Regards,

Me thinks I will search out an 18.5" OTG and go from there.

Jim,

You are to be commended. Suggest running over the patent office quickly, you have a great idea here that Weber should entertain in considering putting the best things that the both the Smokey Mountain and the Performer have to offer. I'm reminded of the old Reese’s TV commercial when chocolate meets with peanut butter for the very first time.

Mike

Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
I ordered the 18" Platinum from CCEShop about a month ago. They hit my Credit Card, but nothing has shipped.

Buyer Beware.

I was afraid to hear this! I'll keep looking for a S/S Performer instead!

Jim,

Curious what make and dial diameter thermometer you have at grate level on the newer cart...Is that going through a guru eyelet?

Thanks,
Brad

Better look again at that Platinum ad.
icon_frown.gif

Weber One-Touch Platinum Charcoal Grill 461001 18-1/2"

Model: 46100
Other products by Weber

Average customer review based on 2 reviews.
List Price: $229.00

Price: $169.00

You Save: $60.00 (26%)

Availability: Out of Stock

Weber has discontinued the Platinum series for 2007 models. Take a look at the Weber Performer series as a great alternative.

I'll take it. I live in Texas as well, so shipping should be reasonable. Just shoot me an email and we can work out the payment details.

I'm trying to find one of these before I ship out to Japan for three years. Anyone had any luck lately?

Hi GHoover, I put my WSM with charcoal ring on the base of my 18 inch kettle.

I'm too old & fat for all that bending over
icon_wink.gif

Back