Local Meat Market Deal - is it?

Jim Smithson

TVWBB Fan
Curious on your opinion if one of these deals looks good to you. I am in the process of comparing it to my local Costco and others etc. But curious what you think:

dinodealsmallvs9.jpg

thoughts?

I may try deal A for pulled pork, pot roast, etc..etc..22 lbs of meat for $50. so average of $2.27/lb. stew beef at costco is $3.19 but pork butt is $1.59. Chix breast are about $2.27 give or take....pork chops $2.49...chuck roast is typically $3/lb+ Not sure on country ribs...probably $2/lb.

I don't think there is much savings involved. If there is, it's minimal...that is if you are a careful shopper.

Plus, I like to hand pick meat.

These are the prices I would pay locally at the moment.

Country style ribs----4 @ $1.68 = $6.72
Center Cut chops------3 @ $1.99 = $5.97
Stew beef-------------2 @ $2.29 = $4.58
Boston Butt-----------6 @ $1.56 = $9.36
Chuck Roast-----------3 @ $2.39 = $7.17
Split chicken breasts-4 @ $1.29 = $5.16
=======================================
Total cost---------------------= $38.96

So if the choice was to pay $50.00 for the same deal, I would prefer not to do the deal!
icon_smile.gif

None of these deals look like a great deal to me.
I usually like to shop for the cuts that I am interested in buying, not the cuts that the seller is pushing. You can do better than any of these deals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Smithson:
Wow...you get good prices. Where? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way out west! Where the sun sinks below the mountains an hour before dark, in a valley beyond the back end of beyond.

All those prices quoted from the local adverts that arrived today.

Back