List of confirmed WGAs that plug n' play with Stoker?

Gerd H

TVWBB Super Fan
Simple Question:

Is there a list of wireless gaming adapters that are confirmed to work relatively "plug n play" by plugging in to the Stoker and serving as a bridge?

I'm looking for all the known native hardware that will perform this function without third party flashes applied. Assume an existing wireless network that works fine for any other similar wireless device.

For example, I believe the linksys WGA54G fits this criteria. Has anyone used a TRENDnet TEW-647GA? Others?

I use an Apple Airport Extreme G (UFO version)
When I am not hardwired into the stoker, I use that. Though I don't have Internet in this setup, I can use a Airport Express and WDS it, but I just want wireless access, not Internet.

But as a standalone unit, the UFO works great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we use a linksys WET11 bridge. you can get them on ebay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto

I use a D-Link DWL-G730AP set in Client mode (switch on the bottom of the unit) to be a wireless bridge to connect to my main Linksys network.

OK. I am getting a little confused here. I've watched YankeeRob's videos and read some of the posts from FEB09 talking about Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter (WGA54G) and Linksys Wireless Routers. Infrastructure modes, ad hoc modes, yada, yada, yada.
icon_confused.gif

I'm sorry if I missed something here - is there ONE device that can accomplish 1) connect to my wireless network when I am at home and 2) set up a wireless "network" at contests to wirelessly connect my laptop and/or my wife’s iPhone?

Is this a good wireless bridge for the Stoker? has a discussion about being able to use the WGA54G for both but the video series shows using the Gaming Adaptor for home use and then a Wireless Router for Comps.

Replying to my own thread:

I have confirmed that you can use a "MadCatz wireless gaming adapter" as a bridge between the stoker and a WEP secured wireless network. I have no doubt it would work with a WPA secured wireless router as well.

These MadCatz WGAs are marketed as adapters for the Xbox 360. I bought it for 20 bucks plus shipping on eBay. There isn't even really a model numnber, as they market them as a simple device for gaming consoles.

Back