Linkmeter on an ADM5120.

Well golly! So that sort of is making sense now. The easy thing to do, which I have in my build, is to pulldown the button analog pin even when no buttons are connected like so:
IeEXm.png

So you connect the 1k resistor to ground and the analog pin on your heatermeter board (in yellow), and then you have your 2 pin "button connector" header that has +5V and connects to the R5 junction where the blue line is. That way, when the button board isn't connected, the input is pulled down and returns BUTTON_NONE all the time. Then you can run with or without buttons connected because the input never floats.

Well I finally finished my UDS build, and upgraded to Linkmeter 2.0. Beautiful work Bryan! I also built a blower control circuit that is based on that portion of the HeaterMeter schematic, though I did substitute in the IRLB8721 that I believe John B recommended.

Blower_Circuit.png

After loading my new image w/ LinkMeter 2.0 on my TEST unit, I was able to control it via the web interface with no issue. Once I loaded it on the BUILD unit, I was unable to change anything via web or serial, just as once before. Swapped the main router board, the usb storage drives, etc, and narrowed it down to the internal USB hub. Once removed, and the Arduino connected directly to the USB port on the router, normal operation was restored.

So I fired up the drum, attached the fan once the se got close to temp, and let it run on autopilot for a while:

ATC_TestRun.png

It seams that the .rrd file itself is cut off to 24-hrs when saving, or at least the CSV file only has 24hrs of data. Or did i break something else?

Originally posted by Brian Hilgert:
It seams that the .rrd file itself is cut off to 24-hrs when saving, or at least the CSV file only has 24hrs of data. Or did i break something else?
Woohoo! Yeah the RRD is limited to storing 24hours of data, and the CSV is build directly from the RRD. It stores:
1 hour with 10sec per point
6 hours / 1min per point
12 hours / 2min per point
24 hours / 3min per point

I didn't imagine there being much need for more than 24 hours at a time and then it got into the logistics of how many points the graph can hold and how the line smooths out more and more over time... so 24 hours seemed good to me. Most my cooks are 14-17 hours so that seemed to allow a lot of extra overflow space.

There's no actual full log stored due to the space requirements or the constant writing wearing out the flash.

Back