Lid thermometers for OTG

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
I have an older OTG that doesn't have the nice lid thermometer with the low profile housing

Does anyone know if Weber will sell a thermometer unit separately of the lid? Or do I have to get a unit like the Bayou Classic and put it on there?

:blackkettle:

Lid thermos are not usually very accurate, but can be useful for catching variations in kettle temp.
Some folks have been able to order the thermo and bezel from Weber. Others have found that they cannot buy a part from Weber that doesn't come on a grill that they have registered. It kind of depends on who you talk to at customer service.
If you still want a lid thermo, the ones from Tel-Tru and River Country are of a higher quality and probably more accurate than the Weber. Tel-Tru has one that will fit in a Weber bezel.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=10963.0

Last edited:
I agree that the lid thermo's are not that accurate. During a cook I use my Maverick in the meat. I just like a thermo in the lid, I am a temperature guy I guess.

I have an old offset I hardly use but it was my first smoker and I like the looks of it, yoiu can see I like thermo's

DSC01096_zps0ppvtgau.jpg

Back