Lid Hinge for my 26"

Chuck-roaniecowpony

TVWBB Super Fan
It showed up today. It's a E6 hinge. Very heavy duty compared to that aftermarket one someone is selling. I'll put it in the box so when I get to my cart build, I'll mount it up. Pretty pricey though at over $100. I just didn't think it was worth messing with fabricating one at that price.

thumbnail 2.jpg

Last edited:
It showed up today. It's a E6 hinge. Very heavy duty compared to that aftermarket one someone is selling. I'll put it in the box so when I get to my cart build, I'll mount it up. Pretty pricey though at over $100. I just didn't think it was worth messing with fabricating one at that price.

View attachment 38131
Please keep us updated, this is interesting !!

Sp
C'mon Brett, don't leave me hangin. Besides, I kinda new here. So, it's been done already?
Sorry. Was cooking then eating dinner.

I have an E6 so that’s where my experience comes from. When we were assembling the E6 that hinge kept us quite aware of what we were doing as it looked like a guaranteed hand amputation.

For coyotes we use 9mm. Effective and cheap. But in CA everything is illegal so we won’t talk about coyotes.

I’m sure you can do it. Just document your work so everyone can credit you.

Sp

Sorry. Was cooking then eating dinner.

I have an E6 so that’s where my experience comes from. When we were assembling the E6 that hinge kept us quite aware of what we were doing as it looked like a guaranteed hand amputation.

For coyotes we use 9mm. Effective and cheap. But in CA everything is illegal so we won’t talk about coyotes.

I’m sure you can do it. Just document your work so everyone can credit you.

Thanks Brett. My particular coyote problem is not really a problem, since I have a big male pointer, but they do want to test him. I'm down in the south bay area of the PV penninsula and the coyotes are here too. If I were more rural, I'd use a centerfire rifle, but the bleeding hearts are numerous and there's the backstop issue too.

I have no need for credit, but I thought my idea was innovative ... after that third glass of pinot.

Thanks Brett. My particular coyote problem is not really a problem, since I have a big male pointer, but they do want to test him. I'm down in the south bay area of the PV penninsula and the coyotes are here too. If I were more rural, I'd use a centerfire rifle, but the bleeding hearts are numerous and there's the backstop issue too.

I have no need for credit, but I thought my idea was innovative ... after that third glass of pinot.
Yeah, we just say it was firecrackers on the Ring Neighborhood app. A 22LR also works but it’s a long barrel. Too much work. Shhhhh. No politics here. Just cookin 😝🌮🍎🔥🍺🥯🥩🍔🍟🍕🌭🫔 but no Wisconsin 🧀

I'm all about mods, but that hinge on a kettle is a bit much. For 3 bills more you could have had an E6 that would be covered under warranty.

The size difference between the 26" and E6 aren't worth arguing about. Everything about the E6 blows the 26" away. I have owned several 26" over the years and when my current one gets tired it will be replaced with an E6. That's how much I love it.

Tak,
The 26 is to scratch an itch I've had for some time. I have a Bubba Keg and it has the flexibility much like the E6, except smaller (18"). I love cooking on it.

I looked at the E6 and S6. I'm not ruling one out, but for now, I want to build this grill. Some of it is about just working on a project in metal. Build Bbq Better.

Back