Lid Hanger For 22...

hey, they look fantastic!
2 questions -
1. Does the cover fit on over those side handles?
2. Do you have to use special screws - I know you can't use galvanised zinc or something as they let of toxic fumes when hot.

Thanks. Yes, the cover does fit ove the handles, althought it is a close fit. I just used screws that looked like the finish on the factory screws. You could use stainless, but I really don't think it's necessary. Thanks again. The handles make a big difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Mo:
I am guessing he fabricated something along the lines of this?
http://www.rocksbarbque.com/product.gc?ID=36
Since I am shamelessly stealing all of D Arita's great ideas, hopefully he will have time to post pics and some details of what he did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry...I didn't take pics during the fab. For all the parts, I used a dead-blow hammer and a vise. Nothing high tech or fancy here. By the way, I found it easier to do the bends first, cutting to length at the very end...gave the vise more to hold on to and gave me more leverage for the bends.

My lid hanger on my 22.5.
002.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Mo:
D Arita If you have time, please post a couple of pics of you egg lid keeper mod installed. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here you go...
img0390mv.jpg

By derekarita at 2011-08-06

Back