Lid handle on new one touch platinums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Cole

TVWBB Super Fan
Looks like the handle is on the front of the lid, not the top. How do you take the lid off? Slide it off the back?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cole:
Looks awkward. Why didn't they just leave the handle on top? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe it was hard for short armed people to slide it all the way back.

I think the reach over the heat of the kettle would be worse if the lid was further back.

I still don't like that feel of that lid maybe it's because I've seen them at box stores and the handles aren't tight but they just seem flimsy?

I was considering a platinum, but I often use a rotisserie ring and I'm concerned about being able to get the lid off and back on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cole:
Looks awkward. Why didn't they just leave the handle on top? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably cause they did not want it to sit directly over the top vent, which for some reason they decided to move to top dead center.

Tim

I have a performer and I can't use my lid holder when I'm using the rotisserie. It isn't a problem though, I just put the lid on the patio.

I don't think the platinum is a good deal. Would much rather spend an extra hundred and get a performer, or spend a hundred less and get a OTG. The pricing leaves it in no man's land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back