Leftover Smoked Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone

TVWBB Super Fan
Silly question -- if I smoke a turkey breast or two on Sunday, will they still be good on Monday evening? (Assume proper fridgeration and stuff.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> will they still be good on Monday evening <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I certainly think so.

I made some smoked turkey salad sandwiches with mine using BRYAN S Chipotle Mayo, onions, celery, lots of pepper. Really good stuff.

If you need it to last very long, vacuum seal it in bags and freeze it. Meat smoked and sealed will last a long time and come back out of the bag almost as good as when it went in.

Without sealing and freezing I generally toss my Q after 3 days. For whatever reason, I find it looses allot of flavor, dries out, and gets tough in a few days.

3 days.....uh oh.. i just had some leftover turky from last fri......oh well. smelled and tasted good.. gave it to my girls as well.......so far they are not pukin..ill keep you updated if status changes

In my kitchen the refrigerator rules are as follows:

Raw poultry: 2 days
cooked poultry: 3 days
absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS!

Raw pork: 3 days
Cooked pork: 3-4 days
Large raw pork cuts in cryovac (butt): 5 days in the garage fridge.

Raw beef: 4 days
Cooked Beef: 5 days
Large cuts of beef in cryo: up to 2-3 weeks if in my garage fridge which isn't opened a lot and holds steady at 35 degrees.

Fresh Sausage: 2 days
Cooked sausage: 3 days
Cured Sausage: up to 3-4 weeks if it lasts that long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back