Leaky hose and regulator

Curt Y

I have a Weber Spirit E310. Attached a new tank, opened the valve, and immediately heard hissing and smelled propane. Did the soap check and saw that it was leaking where the regulator and the hose attach. Figured that it was just age related (6 years old). Replaced the hose regulator with a universal replacement. Did the soap check. This time it is leaking from where it connects to the tank. I reattached the plastic knob thing to the tank carefully and it still leaked. This time I thought maybe it was the “Universal” replacement brand. Bought a Weber replacement hose/regulator and installed it. Now it is leaking behind the knob, right before the regulator. I reconnected to the tank a few times, adjusted the postion of the hose, and still leaks. Did I just experience 2 defective replacements or is there something else?

Well, first thing I would do is try a different tank. If that doesn't help, then, yes, i would say you probably got two bad hoses.

I had this happen to me. When I unscrewed from the propane tank and looked at the threads in the tank there was metal chip in the inside threads that let gas Flow around. Undo the threads and inspect the tank threads.

Back