Last Nights Pork Butt Cook w/Pics

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Here's the 3 pork butts I did overnight. They were 8.9#, 8# and 6.4#. I rubbed them with 3 different rubs and used 2 chunks of hickory and 2 big chunks of apple wood.

Put them on at 8:30pm last night and took 2 of them off at 11:30 this morning and the last one at 12:45pm this afternoon. Pulled them all when they hit 195. All are doing fine and resting in a cooler right now. Here's some pics for you.

http://community.webshots.com/album/546801082pHwaav

Pastrami cook tomorrow!!!!

It's just a piece of wood I drilled a hole through to fit the probe through. It usually sits on the grate but when I put the butts on I didn't have the room and I had to angle it like that.

Butts look good Bruce. What were the rubs you used and which one did you like best?
icon_biggrin.gif

I used Billy Bones BBQ Competition Rub, The Slabs Perk Up Your Pork Rub and Wolfe Rub, a rub made by a guy from another board.

Without a doubt, the Wolfe Rub outshined the other two, actually one of the best rubs I've ever used. I have no connection to or interest in Wolfe Rub. Just my $0.02

Would you post a link to that Wolfe Rub, or break it down on this forum for everyone to see? I might try to use it today! Thanks in advance, the butts look great!

Smoke on
Hunter

Back