Large fan won't start at low power

Alex_Seed

TVWBB Member
I have setup my heater meter and it all looks to be working apart from one thing. If I set the fan speed manually then the fan will only start from rest at about 80-85%, you can then throttle down to about 50% but it just stalls below that. I am using a 6A 12V supply.

Is there any settings in the system that I can adjust so that it allows for this behaviour?

I am not of any help but knew exactly what you are up against.

One possibility would be to use a relay or SSR for the larger fans. One with personal experience would be better off to provide some insight for you though.

I am not of any help but knew exactly what you are up against.

One possibility would be to use a relay or SSR for the larger fans. One with personal experience would be better off to provide some insight for you though.

I dont think that that would work as it would just turn it on, not regulate the speed.

Looking in the manual I read about something called

Low Fan Speed (below 10%)​

When operating in automatic mode at fan speeds below 10%, the fan will run in a partial duty cycle. The fan will run one second out of every ten for each percent required. This special low speed mode extends the life of the fan and reduces noise. The 10% threshold can be changed via the "minimum fan speed" setting.

Could I use that? If so where do I find it as I cannot seem to find it on the menu.

(Is it a HM 4.3 thing? I only have 4.2)

My word, what a difference having a large fan has made, it could take hours to get this big gravity fed up to temp before, now it is just minutes.

Back