Labor Day 108° so far ribs

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
When it was 105° at 1p I knew I was doomed.

Loaded up the ice tea and lemonade and started an IV drip.

Three StLous racks. My own Magic Dust rub.

Membranes removed, a little trim up and squared off and then a light salting and a generous dusting. Let the ribs rest and get moist and I built the fire.

KPro, less than 2/3 of the lower S6 bowl, 3 applewood chunks and a bunch of cherry chips. Foiled the diffuser for easy cleanups and lit two napkins with bacon drippings on them as my starters. Works every time.

1662415176445.jpeg

1662415191197.jpeg

1662415206812.jpeg

1662415226050.jpeg

1662415244208.jpeg

1662415266014.jpeg

1662415280659.jpeg

1662415304506.jpeg

1662415329599.jpeg

1662415357210.jpeg

Whipped up a quick mac n three cheese. Elbows with sharp cheddar, white English cheddar and some cubed mozz.

1662415448739.jpeg

Already have 100 ounces of fluids in me. I don’t think I’ve even seen heat like today in my lifetime.

And thankfully we have 4 patio umbrellas to hide under as I cook this (I’m really just watching Signals from my phone with a timer set) while on the couch.

Looks amazing as usual! I like the inverted char basket to create the two zone. Yahoo news is predicting 119* tomorrow in Lodi.:cry: If I survive I will add that method to my WSK. We had cold noodles for dinner and probably again tomorrow.

Lived in Copperopolis, about 65 miles SE of Lodi, for 18 years and 120+ wasn't rare in the summer. Glad to be living in the high desert now. We only hit 104 today with single digit humidity. Still a good day to get the lawns mowed early and sit in the nice cool house drinking cold beer.

Looks amazing as usual! I like the inverted char basket to create the two zone. Yahoo news is predicting 119* tomorrow in Lodi.:cry: If I survive I will add that method to my WSK. We had cold noodles for dinner and probably again tomorrow.
Thanks, John. I did the invert to remember not to fill that section with charcoal. Since this was a 4 hour session, I tried to load only what i thought I’d need. My post mortem will advise me if I was over and by how much.

The S6 had a nice signals chart. I’ll post that. This WSK is so ridiculously easy and satisfying to use. And Signals kept me indoors where it was cool enough to pull this cook off.

We’ll move to veggies the rest of this week. Done cooking as the temps are just unfavorable for living this week.

Stay cool and hydrated. Rolling power outages are likely tomorrow and this week from news reports I saw today.

And as always, your kind words are appreciated 🥰

Last edited:
Target was 275° and it stayed right rear that all cook. Sans a lid open and close and then the final dry off after foiled.

1662434960942.png

Thanks, John. I did the invert to remember not to fill that section with charcoal. Since this was a 4 hour session, I tried to load only what i thought I’d need. My post mortem will advise me if I was over and by how much.

The S6 had a nice signals chart. I’ll post that. This WSK is so ridiculously easy and satisfying to use. And Signals kept me indoors where it was cool enough to pull this cool off.

We’ll move to veggies the rest of this week. Done cooking as the temps are just unfavorable for living this week.

Stay cool and hydrated. Rolling power outages are likely tomorrow and this week from news reports I saw today.

And as always, your kind words are appreciated 🥰
The WSK are so fuel efficient I understand how you feel about the fuel load. My charcoal stash lasts a lot longer than before. I use my Vortex wide side up to not over fuel my cooks now

The WSK are so fuel efficient I understand how you feel about the fuel load. My charcoal stash lasts a lot longer than before. I use my Vortex wide side up to not over fuel my cooks now
same here. i have an old Kpro stash that doesn't seem to be shrinking.... i do need more JD though. will buy some this month (10 35# bags).

same here. i have an old Kpro stash that doesn't seem to be shrinking.... i do need more JD though. will buy some this month (10 35# bags).
I managed to use up my less favorite fuels in my 26”. I love that grill but it uses fuel like a big block Chevy:ROFLMAO:

Back