Kosher Beef Ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Does anyone have a great recipe for smoked, kosher beef ribs? I am an avid smoker that specializes in pork products, especially ribs, but I have a father-in-law who is strictly kosher. I would like to show off my technique on something that he can actually eat. Any thoughts out there?

No. I actually now have a second smoker just to accommodate my extended family. I am a NY "Bar-B-Jew" looking to spread my smoking joy to the entire family.

I would consider just pepper and kosher salt as the rub. Let the smoke be the spice. Many famous BBQ joints in Texas just use a pepper and salt rub on their beef.

Don't know what sauce meets Kosher standards, but if you do want to serve one, serve it on the side.

Harry, welcome to the group - you are going to have so much fun here and learn a lot along the way. I'll bet a really nice member named Mordechai Striks would be able to answer your question but he hasn't posted in a while and he is missed.

Rita (a Bellmore gal)

Harry, I never heard that term "Bar-B-Jew" before.LOL
icon_biggrin.gif
I guess I"m one of them thar also. Welcome aboard!!!(QUOTE]Originally posted by Harry Zuckerman:
No. I actually now have a second smoker just to accommodate my extended family. I am a NY "Bar-B-Jew" looking to spread my smoking joy to the entire family.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Rita for getting me back over here. Long time no post folks. I miss ya guys too. Just alot of stuff going on in the life now! I know everyone does, just smoking has hit alul right now with me.

Anways Bronto Ribs

I brought the monster smoked ribs to jewish culture. My family and friends had nothing like it EVER. Im sure you family will love your ribs.

Any GOOD recipe that you would use on **** or non kosher meat will be great on the Kosher cow. The only thing you really need to make great kosher meat, is well, Kosher meat. Everything else should really remain the same. I really like the rub from texasbbqrub.com All he puts in there is just plain spices and brown sugar. All those ingredients no not need any special certification. (unless he has changed the recipe now)

Just use your regular teq and itll be fine. (where do you get your meats? Do you need a place to get it? how orthodox are they? )

you will find much information on this site! It has tought me everything i know about smoking and has helped me make some killer good meats.
I hope to get back into the game soon.

let me know if you need any other help!

Mords

Good hearing from you, Mords. We hope to hear more from you soon.

Harry, Mords' thread on Bronto Ribs reminded me to suggest that you click on the "Find" tab to search for "Bronto Ribs." You'll find quite a few references to them.

Rita

Gang, I am amazed. This website is like a family. Seriously, I am not a "chat" or "forum guy at all, but this really is a lot of fun. You all have been so informative and helpful. I just started smoking about a year ago when I got my first WSM for Father's Day. It's amazing the doors that have been opened.

Mords,
By the way, thanks again for steering me in the right direction and sticking with the common sense approach. Thanks also for the offer for further info, but I have several great kosher butchers at my disposal. (I just wish the prices were the same as non-kosher, but it is what it is!)

Funny, or not so funny you mention price. I kept wondering to myself, that everyone on this furom must be loaded. how the heck can they be smoking brisket after brisket after chull roll day in and day out. A brisket flat can cost me around $150 and a chuck roll the same if not more?!?! Only later did i realize that non kosher meat costs sometimes a whopping 10 cents a pound. ok, maybe a lil more but seriously. Last week I cooked for my family, using the dry herb rub a 22 pounder...it set me back, with getting a deal almost $200. Thats alot of money to be playing around with. it turned out great by the way!!!

Anways, good luck with impressing the folks new to Jew-b-Que (never heard that either) and let us know how it goes....

Mords

Back