Knowledge is Power - TVWBB is Knowledge

John-NY

TVWBB Pro
Appreciation thread!

I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone here for sharing every single tidbit of information, even when it might seem irrelevant.

While working on a grill, I used a nut driver bit to remove a bolt. Instead, the bolt shaft snapped and left the head inside my handy 5/16 bit.

I used PB Blaster but it wouldn't budge. So I stuck it in the vice on my drill press and tried using a titanium drill bit. The bit kept bending and ultimately failing.

Then I thought back to the advice I found here a year ago. The topic was regarding how to drill out the broken, frozen bolts from a 1000 Cookbox. The solution offered was to use, or at least start with a Center Drill Bit.
So, last year I bought a set, but haven't even used them yet.

Figured I'd give them a try to start the hole, and to my surprise, after constant downward force, not only did it start to form the hole like cutting through butter, it actually popped the head right out once it got deep enough. It saved my 5/16 bit!

So thanks again, everyone for always oversharing. You never know who, or what, it might help in the future.
PXL_20220903_232746561-01.jpg
PXL_20220907_171241049.jpg
PXL_20220907_171352357.jpg

I have done a lot of "oversharing" here, hope you will use some of it. ;) (although some might say too much oversharing. lol)

Back