Knives

I bought a set of Ginsu knifes at Christmas for $35 and so far are very happy with them. Very sharp. They do get a very small amount of rust on them if you dont dry them but will come right off. For the price a decent set of knifes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trev:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
sorry, didn't mean to sound condescending.

i'm not rich. there were many sacrifices made, and a lot of thinking about the justification before i bought my first $200 knife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably no need to be sorry for your purchase. Nobody here is sorry for spending $$ on a nice smoker or grill and lot's of other toys to go with it. If you want nice things, like quality knives, then you have to pay for them. It all depends on how much you value/use them and how much you're comfortable spending on that luxury. Personally, I started using cheaper knives about 20 years ago and I've gone through a number of sets of them. I'm on the verge of spending money for a set of Japanese kitchen knives but not until I've done more research. My son will be moving to the west coast take his masters this summer, and he'll inherit my old knives to take with him. Spend the money and don't feel guilty about it. Or don't spend the money and don't feel guilty about that either. Either way, just let your flag fly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love my japanese Globals. ditched a mixed set of henckels, wusthoffs, and calphalons for them.

my decision came down to shun and global. my wife is left handed though, and since shun's are offset for right handed users, we went with Globals.

Nice comparison on spending between knives and smokers. I have yet to invest in a WSM. I definitely WANT though
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
I love my japanese Globals. ditched a mixed set of henckels, wusthoffs, and calphalons for them.

my decision came down to shun and global. my wife is left handed though, and since shun's are offset for right handed users, we went with Globals.

Nice comparison on spending between knives and smokers. I have yet to invest in a WSM. I definitely WANT though
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome, Troy. I've heard lot's of good things about Global knives. I'll have to be sure to give them a heft when I'm out looking. My decision/considerations will be similar to yours insofar as my wife will be using them and she's not easy on knives. Although we are both right hand dominant I'll have to get something she's also comfortable with. I didn't know that about Shun's, that's definitely good to know (about the right-hand offset). Thanks for the info.

Brian those are beautiful knives. No way I'm going to get away buying my wife a new set of knives as a present though. Lucky you.

Back