Knife Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Cameron

TVWBB Member
With the holidays upon us, I am expected to get some $$. I am in need of more storage for my knives. Which is the best way to go? Get a bigger block for the countertop, or get a knife tray for the drawer? I have room either way. The magnet is out of the question, not enough verticle room. TIA,

My parents mounted the magnet to the bottom of their kitchen cabinets, it holds their knives just fine. (Horizontally)
The best part is, absolutely no wasted wall or counter space.

Kevin,

I like the knife drawer storege units. They hold the knoves well and you can see which knife you want at a glance. Don't see any downside as long as you have the drawer space.

Merry Christmas to you and have a smoking 2005!

Ray

Hi again Kevin,

I see that you are from Zebulon, NC. I live in Greenville and I too am a new member here. Just got my WSM the end of November and have only done 2 smokes (too much vacation in between). It's cold here today so I will grill a capon on my Weber gas grill.

Let me know if you ever get to Greenville - maybe we can have lunch ssomewhere (there is a restaurant here that has good smoked foods - it id Baby Back Joe's on 1oth st).

Have a nice day,

Ray

Ray, thanks for the info, but looks like I have a wife that takes hints. She got me a new countertop knife block. So, now all I have to do is seal it w/ the oil. I don't get to Greenville to much, but work on base in Goldsboro right behind Wilburs. It sure does smell great in the AM as he is smoking the pork for the day!!!!!

Kevin,

I am sure you will enjoy the counter top block. Nice wife that took the hint - you can't complain about that.

Happy New Year to you.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back