Knife question

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
What type of knife do you find works the best when slicing a brisket? (8" chef, or something longer?) thanks.

I find my 10 inch Wustoff chefs knife does a great job cutting all meats.

Thats why I asked as I use my 8" Henckels but I was just curious if there was something better/easier which apparantly there is.

That 14" Forschner Granton slicer is what I have as well. It's actually a big large for me, but suits DH Robert perfectly.

Check E-Bay - got mine there for $9 including shipping. Far be it from me to turn down a bargain knife...
icon_biggrin.gif

Now if you REALLY want to get into some nice slicing knives, look at the real GRANTON brand. We usually refer to a granton-edge knife as just a style of edge on a knife that allow air to come into play and let the slices fall better. Nope - it's a company in the U.K. I don't have any of their knives, but I've seen and used one and I was VERY impressed.

Granton Knifemakers

Keri C, Hot Wire BBQ

I have a granton edge slicer mine is only 12 inches but it works great. also sometimes I use my simitar depends on what is the sharpest. I think the most important thing when slicing something like a brisket is that your knife is really sharp and you are comfortable with it.

Back