Kitchenaid Mixer

You might want to visit the forum whose link I posted earlier, and ask your question there because some of those chefs really know their stuff concerning mixers and their construction.

I got the KA Pro6 in Satin Nickel for 189 shipped to my house a few years back. I use it from time to time with zero problems and I couldn't beat that price with a stick.

I did a lot of reading about the model, checked to make sure it had the 'correct' gears and the assembly that people complain about, and pulled the trigger. I'm quite happy with the product.

I have had my KA Pro 600 for over 5 years now. Love, Love, Love, it. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
icon_wink.gif

I have had my kitcken aide for 17 years use it at least 2-3 times a week, never had any problems. the only time you can really ruin them is by using it to grind meat, and stuffing sausages, thats when you load it up. if that is what your going to do, buy a sausage type machine. I love the thing. get a second bowl for it. makes things easier for the ladies when doing cakes and such. you wont be sorry with your new purchase. happy holliday

We use our KA regularly for grinding meat for sausage. But the sausage stuffer add-on is useless. You need to get a separate hand-crank stuffer (but that's another forum...).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ED T:
the only time you can really ruin them is by using it to grind meat, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I use my KA Mixer all the time to grind meat. If you use the proper speed for grinding meat, I see no problems and haven't had any problems grinding meat with my KA mixer.

I've had 2 KAs over the last decade. The first was stolen during a move and it was definitely missed.

I too grind meat in the KA mixer and haven't had an issue, in fact the opposite, the grinder body of my attachment has started to crack!

Grinding and sausage stuffing on the KA is a compromise and I've purchased a 5 LB stuffer last year and will be replacing the grinder attachment with a dedicated metal grinder.

Brad.

Brad, the plastic housing of my KA meat grinder cracked after I had put it into the freezer before grinding. I haven't had a problem with the replacement -- I put it in the refrigerator, not the freezer.

Rita

I use mine for grinding meat to, but there are people who want to solely use this for doing big batches of sausage. if that is all you want to do with it buy a machine specifically for that. Im sorry I was not saying you cant grind meat as I do this all the time with mine. and I do agree a hand crank stuffer gives you more control and works better for me. but I hear that some old machines have metal stuffing tubes that will work. but I think there hard to find.

Rita,
I've never put the grinder attachment into the fridge or freezer and got the cracks. The attachment is 12 years old but still works.

Brad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Reyes:
If it's just dough you are mixing like cookie, bread, or pizza dough, many people use one of those Danish dough hand whisk mixers.
... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Order your Danish dough whisk from FANTES.COM since they're way cheaper than the ones offered at King Arthur. But really those Danish units are meant for batters and very very loose doughs and not for the tighter feeling doughs.

Back