KIngsford question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Lax

TVWBB Super Fan
I tried using Cowboy lump charcoal and did not have good results. It burnt up and went down to 150 in less than an hour. I then went to the local party store and bought a small bag of Kingsford. It lit stayed hot and finished the job. Is there something that I haven't done right with the Lump? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

No you haven't done anything run, lump does burn faster and hotter. Learn to use those traits to your advantage depending what and how you are cooking.
Jim

I started cooking this past Saturday evening, with a newly opened bag of lump, 20lb at 9 p.m.
I got the cooker up to speed, (225) filled the cooker with ribs, and went to bed.
Woke up at 2 a.m reloaded the cooker with ribs, filled the ring right to the top again, with lump, over my hot coals and went back to bed.
Woke up at 6 a.m. and when the ribs were done, I loaded the cooker up with chicken parts, and just a little more fuel. At 2 p.m. Sunday, the cooker was still hot. I used half a bag of the lump, (10lbs)for the entire cook.
I rarely had to move the bottom vent settings from 1/3 open.

Jim

Thanks Again Jim!
Thanks Andy!
I think I didn't use enough lump to begin with.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks Andy!
I think I didn't use enough lump to begin with <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No Problem Amos.
Some day you'll hit the funny paper,

Andy

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks Jim Morrisey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back