Kingsford Blue On Sale!!! Dirt Cheap!!!

It was out also out of stock when I went to buy some, but the service desk substituted (2) 15lb single bags for the double pack. So, I bought (4) packs, or (8) bags for under $32.00

Cheapest I've seen this season was $7.99 for the two 15's. I'll stop by Wallyworld and see if they have any in stock.

Thanks for the heads up!

This is slightly better than the sale that Home Depot has on the bigger bags. Will have to swing by my store and see if they have any in stock.

This is slightly better than the sale that Home Depot has on the bigger bags. Will have to swing by my store and see if they have any in stock.

Exactly. I recently bought a twin-pack of 18lb bags for $9.88, or about $0.27 per lb. This is closer to $0.25 per lb and in more manageable size bags.

The Walmart near me started selling it at that price leading up to Memorial Day.
I bought a bunch then and around the 4th of July I bought a few more twin packs at that price.
I don't know if the price bounced between the holidays or not.
While you can never have too much charcoal on hand my stack is big enough my wife teased me when I brought the last load home.

Local Wally-World indicated In-Stock online, so I raced out at lunch to snag me some Blue essence.

Had to (politely) swing my elbows all the way up to the Store Director (heck, at that point I'm going to Bentonville, AR if I have to!) when all they had were 15# singles and--shockingly--refused honor the price. I "get" the economics of bulk purchase special pricing, unique SKUs, loss-leaders, etc; however, this IS Wal-Mart, we're talking all of ~$15, and when your system tells me it IS in-stock and I literally drop everything and make a trip just for this, perhaps best to simply exercise a little managerial discretion and good ol' fashioned customer service--especially after I'd talked to the 4th person. Maybe the surprise of even Wal-Mart tightening the too-bad-for-you screws became my sacred motivation.

Whatever. Ya do what ya gotta do to get your Kingsford Blue...

Back