Kielbasa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank S.

TVWBB Member
I picked up a pack of Kielbasa (3lbs) from Sam's Club, the package says it's fully cooked. I have 3 racks of BB's planned for tomorrow, and was thinking of just warming these Kielbasas on the bottom grate for the last 3 hrs or so of the rib cook. Has anyone done these on the WSM before? Or, should I look for another way to cook them? Applewood was the smoke of choice, if that makes a difference...

Three hours might be a bit too long. I usually put fresh or already cooked sausages near the edges of the top grate when I do them so they are exposed to a little high heat, though. In any case, it would be hard to mess them up if they're pre-cooked. I would check them after about 90 minutes and pull them off when they hit 140-150*.

When I do Fresh Polish sausage, it takes from 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. to smoke. Pre cooked sausage is only being warmed up. It's been smoked already.

Should I even bother putting them on the WSM? Or should I just put them on the grill? I was thinking of taking advantage of the opportunity, but if it's not going to be worth it, I can just grill 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back