Kettle lid really loose

My replacement lid arrived today. Sigh, they sent the wrong one. I have the original kettle, they sent the lid for the Premium, the one with the thermometer. I called Cust Serv and explained, they are sending me a thermometer, no charge!! Now I'll have a Premium grill with a thermometer!!!
It's true what they say about Weber Customer Service!!

My replacement lid arrived today. Sigh, they sent the wrong one. I have the original kettle, they sent the lid for the Premium, the one with the thermometer. I called Cust Serv and explained, they are sending me a thermometer, no charge!! Now I'll have a Premium grill with a thermometer!!!
It's true what they say about Weber Customer Service!!
But...how does it fit? Did it fix the problem?

Charles, did Weber give you any troubleshooting tips to help determine if it is the bowl or the lid that is the problem? Or was it that we'll try this first and if that doesn't work then we'll try something else?

Charles, did Weber give you any troubleshooting tips to help determine if it is the bowl or the lid that is the problem? Or was it that we'll try this first and if that doesn't work then we'll try something else?
I didn't ask for any, but...they have a dedicated line to troubleshoot with and expert when you call Customer Service.
For purchases made in the U.S. and Canada 1-800-446-1071

I didn't ask for any, but...they have a dedicated line to troubleshoot with and expert when you call Customer Service.
For purchases made in the U.S. and Canada 1-800-446-1071
In any of the half-dozen or so Weber kettles I have seen or used, and these are all 20 years old or so, I don't recall ever seeing one with 1/4 of an inch of play between lid and bowl. I'm going to start checking the displays in the stores now!

In any of the half-dozen or so Weber kettles I have seen or used, and these are all 20 years old or so, I don't recall ever seeing one with 1/4 of an inch of play between lid and bowl. I'm going to start checking the displays in the stores now!
See comment by Timothy F Lewis on page 1
I did set the new lid on the bowl of the grill just to see...it's a nice snug fit, and with use it should get better. :D

Back