kettle cleaning II

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
well, i'm now gonna change my way of cleaning my kettles. i'm in the proccess of cleaning one of my kettles, actually my old first one that still looks almost new. hasn't been cleaned in almost a year. what a pain. stuff is sooooo baked on. i will be going to my third can of oven cleaner. i've scraped, soaked and scrubbed my arms off.
lid was easy. so i will now clean it three times a year, maybe more. will just be easier and quicker that way.

Thinking out loud here George. Wondering if maybe heating up the kettle first, to soften the crud, then spraying on the oven cleaner. I know they make a cold oven cleaner, which you are prob using but... just a thought. I've had great luck with Dawn Power Dissolver, and a green Scotch Brite pad, over the years for cleaning the inside of the WSM.
icon_wink.gif

i didn't heat it up but its soaking in the sun and its a 100 deg here. i use a scotch brite and other objects. i have dawn also but that stuff is about as hard as the porcelin coating itself. that stuff is on there. i'll get it done but if i did it a few times more it would be a lot easier.

George,
I tried a product called FulSol from the Fuller Brush Company. It has been advertised on QVC and it is water-soluble. All you do is spray it on and then soak a stainless steel scrubber in lots of water. It cuts through the worst baked-on gunk almost effortlessly. I'm rather anal about keeping stuff clean so when I find something that works well, I make sure that I have plenty on-hand.

pressure washing is near impossible for me. no paint involved as the webers are porcelin covered. fulsol sound interesting. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back