Keshi Yena (Aruba)

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Working on my ISLAND binder today and while reading up on Aruba, they mentioned this meal but no recipe. Did a search and the person that posted it said it came from "Gasparito's Restaurant and Art Gallery" in Aruba. DH will want to make it soon. Cheese!!!! lol

Keshi Yena

1 large onion
4 TB. butter
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
2 dill pickles, minced
1 large green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
8 large stuffed green olives, sliced
1 1/2 TB. garlic, minced
1 TB. prepared mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chopped cashews
1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
1 lb. Gouda cheese, sliced

1. Melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except for the cheese.
3. Butter a baking pan and line it with slices of Gouda. Then pour the chicken mixture on top and top with the rest of the cheese slices.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, then put under broiler for a few minutes, just long enough to start browning the cheese.
Serves 4-6

Joan! I just saw an episode of something which showed this being served! I thought how amazing that must be so, now you shared a great one, I hope to try it soon!

Timothy, that is freaking me out. I swear I have not seen anything about this recipe. After I posted this, I did a search and was surprised by the different versions of this dish.

I sometimes do a random pick from some numbered chips I have to see what binder to work on next and Island binder came up today. DH just called from Publix. I told him to get some Gouda. lol

Back