Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders

1 pkg. (12oz.) Hawaiian sweet rolls
3 TB. mayonnaise
12 slices deli turkey, folded into quarters
12 slices cooked bacon strips, halved widthwise
1 jar. (4oz.) diced pimientos, drained, or 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 12 slices each
6 slices Gruyere cheese, halved
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese]
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 TB. finely chopped onion
2 TB. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Without separating rolls, cut the package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 11x7" baking pan. Spread mayonnaise evenly across the bottom halves. Top each roll with turkey, bacon, pimientos, Gruyere and Parmesan cheese. Replace top halves of rolls.
2. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; drizzle over sandwiches.
3. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, bake until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Makes 12 servings

Source: Taste of Home mag. April 2022-Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, Va.

Interesting enough to try. Just might have to replace the gruyere with something a little different......

Damn Joan that sounds so good! Wish I took that %{%{^*{*]*]^%{%{€]**]*] horse!

They were suppose to be tonight's dinner, but it didn't work out that way.

That was some race. Can't believe that horse acted up like that.
Yeah, wish I had a few bucks bet on it. lol

One heck of a race! That was what a friend with racing connections calls a “High Spirited” animal!
Sliders don’t sound bad to me either.

I'd like to see some pictures of the sliders also. We never got around to getting the rolls and the Gruyere cheese. Now we have a lot of turkey to eat up. :D

Back