Keeping apple juice on hand tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Provost

TVWBB Fan
I don't know if this will be helpful for anyone else but....

I usually don't drink apple juice and only end up using a little bit at a time for basting/foiling/reheating BBQ. Buying a bottle of AJ seemed like a waste.

I now buy the 4oz juice boxes. They stayed sealed so they are always fresh, and I always have some on hand. It seemed that AJ was the one ingredient that I was always missing when 'queing.

It may not be as good as Martinelli's, but it's better than nothing! (and Juicy Juice is 100% juice).

Rob

I remember getting ready for a Q one Saturday morning, and was commenting to my wife about what we were going to do with all that left over juice (we aren't big AJ drinkers either), when I happened to look over at my grandson who was visiting. There he was, drinking one of the 4oz AJ boxes!

My wife and I started laughing. There was the answer! Been using the boxes ever since.

exact opposite happened at my house. We never kept it around because the kids would just about throw up if we tried to make them eat applesauce, don't get me started. Anyway I bought a bottle to spritz with and a few days later I went looking for it and it was gone.
"Did you throw my apple juice away?"
"No"
"Did the kid's throw my apple juice away?"
"No"
"You know what happened to my apple juice?"
"Kid's drank it"

Now we always have a bottle in the fridge. Go figure.

Rob

Thanks for the tip about the juice boxes. No more bottles for me. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

Rob, you look awfully young to be around something that can get so hot!! Be careful young man!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip dude!

Here's something else you can do when you find you've got too much apple juice (or most other juices) on hand.

Pour the juice into ice cube trays and put them in the freezer. Once the juice has frozen, pop the cubes out of the tray, put them into a freezer zipper bag and store in the freezer until you need a little AJ. Trays sizes vary but each cube contains roughly one ounce of juice.

Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Rob, you look awfully young to be around something that can get so hot!! Be careful young man!!
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just look young for my age. I'm really 3.
icon_wink.gif

The juice box is a great tip. Thanks Rob. I use packets of spiced apple cider that come in packets like powdered hot chocolate. They are easy to transport and I can make my spritz as stong or weak as I want. You might try this trick some day too.

Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ed Jones:
I use packets of spiced apple cider that come in packets like powdered hot chocolate. They are easy to transport and I can make my spritz as stong or weak as I want. You might try this trick some day too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed,

Thanks for the tip. I never heard of apple cider packets. I would like to give that a try. Where do you get them? The supermarket? Specialty store? Order them?

Thanks,

Rob...I've been doing the same thing with the Juicy Juice boxes. We always keep some on-hand for our three-year old so I just bought me a spritz bottle and fill it up as needed. The only problem is that he likes to drink the juice out of the spritz bottle by squirting it into his mouth...says it's funner that way and I guess I really have to agree!

That does sound like more fun. I'll try that with beer.

Just make sure he doesn't grab the spritz bottle when it's filled with a vinegar mop!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back