k caddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
do most of you guys use the kingsford charcoal caddy? is it more convienent or a waste of money? thanks

i have several that i use. you can put in the whole bag and then pour out the charcoal using the container. when empty you take out the bag with all the dust. i look for sales though they don't seem to happen enough anymore.

I have one. I didn't use one for a long time because my performer came with essentially the same thing but I really like my caddy. It's nice not to have to take the cover off the Perfomer to get charcoal for one of the other grills. Worth the $12 bucks in my opinion.

I have a patio with no shed or garage for storage and the kaddy really made life easier. And it fits the 20lb Home Depot kingsford bags just fine. As pointed out, I can use it just as easily for my WSM or OTG.

It keeps my charcoal dry and is well designed for easy pouring.

Originally posted by Kevin Hoober:
yeah, I have 2 (one for lump, one for K). I hate that they're like $14 each...but they do a nice job.

Kevin H.

Same set-up here. Well worth it, although they tend to offer deals with a bag of K inside for only a few bucks more than the bag alone. I think both of mine came from Target.

I also noticed an almost identical container at PetSmart for bags of dog food, but they were even more expensive.

i used to have a bunch, but they get REALLY fragile in the winter.

eventually, they all broke from tipping over of falling off our back deck in sub-freezing weather.

troy is right on. i have broken one myself.
i contacted kingsford and this is what they sent me.

The caddy you have is a licensed product and is made and supported by Buddeez. You may contact them at 1-877-825-6041.

i called them told them what happened and they sent me a new lid no ??? asked.

My Sams Club has these for $5 and change for the last 6 months or so. I use one for K and one for lump.

I store 2-3 bags of charcoal in a Rubbermaid storage tote container outside close to the grills. It keeps everything dry & seems more practical IMO.

I'm like Mike. I got a couple large plastic storage totes from WM. One for charcoal(it will hold 2-3 bags) and one for smoke wood(I leave it in the original packaging so I know what flavor it is). They've been fine in the summer as well as winter. But they are up near the house out of the sun so they are pretty well protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back