Just wanted to say thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Schaeffer

TVWBB Super Fan
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has posted such helpful advice. I just placed my order for my very own WSM through the Amazon link from this site. Now I just can't wait to get cookin'.

Any recommendations for a first cook? I was thinking ribs since I have read that the cooker temp seems to run hot on the first few cooks. Is that a good choice?

Chris, Thanks for all of your hard work.

Scott

Scott,
Congrats on your purchase. First smoke? What do you like? That is what I would smoke. I did not have any trouble with my temp on my first cook, so I would not let that decide what I would choose to smoke first. Be it chicken/butt/ribs/brisket do first what you want to eat. Or better idea, if yiu are married, do what your wife likes. Chris has great stuff posted here to help you get started. Remember, you will always be your toughest critic when you smoke. Ask questions. There are plenty of people here who will help you through your first smokes.
Personally, I would do the Butt first, But that is what I like to eat the best.

I would ignore that stuff about the Weber running hotter on the first smoke. If anything, that just means the vents run slightly more closed on the first smoke. If you have a candy thermometer clipped in the top vent, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back