Just want to make sure i'm up-to-date

James Brosche

TVWBB Fan
Just updated the stoker to
and
Stokerlog to

Am I on the right versions?

Rocks site only has a live link to 2.0.
There needs to be a stickey with the correct versions of everything.

As I just noted in another thread, I am not a fan of 0.249 version of stoker. It is too slow without any useful functionality.

You are OK with stokerlog though
icon_smile.gif

Based on the buggyness of the .249, i downgraded it. I am now at 22.6.0.226, and have none of the issues from my cook last night. Seems like a much more stable build.

Just want to know if I'm sharing the same problem. Yesterday I was using my Stoker using the 2.1.321 release firmware update, with Stokerlog 6.6. (Aside from not being able to get the mail notification to work), every so often, Stokerlog would stop updating without any notice of a disconnection.

I see you're using beta releases of the Stoker firmware. If I go to version 2.6.0.226, will this potentially fix this issue?

New edit:
After having read the release notes to the beta firmware, and noting the comment in this thread, seems like I need to update to version X.226! Sorry, I should have read some more!

So I've updated to Stoker Version 2.6.0.226. Running Stokerlog 6.6. It now seems worse than it was before! It's now reconnecting about every minute. I guess the good news is that it's reconnecting. Before it would simply remain disconnected. Anything I'm missing?

Mine was wireless. Trying it wired now. Love the twitter by the way!

Edit: Ok as this was wired, no issues as of yet. Been going for a few hours now. Looks like this is a wireless issue.

There has been reports of wireless devices not working well in the cold, dropping connections as you note. So you may want to search for those threads. And test the device indoors where it is warm to see if it works reliably there.

My intermittent Stokerlog connection seemed to be remedied by restarting my computer. Connected to Stoker by ethernet cable. All is stable now, except I still can't get the email alert to work.

I get the following in the status: Email log sent:1/0

In the mail settings field: do I keep the host settings at the default smtp.gmail.com? (And the settings below?) Also my user name is my email address? And password is my password to get into my email? I'm really sorry, but I must be missing the obvious here?

Ok, so there is a cold issue. I ran the stoker/stokerlog via wireless in my house for 6-7 hours and no issue. I moved it out to the garage, and as it got colder, the stoker kept dropping the connection. From 4 pm to 9pm it dropped the connection 4 times, the last locking up stokerlog causing me to force quit it. and losing the connection. The computer was still on the wireless with excellent signal. Going to go the heating pad route since it wont be warm until June.

In the mail settings field: do I keep the host settings at the default smtp.gmail.com? (And the settings below?)
No, no. Unless you use Google, you need to change those to the settings recommended by your email provider. They readily provide that for configuring email programs.

Also my user name is my email address? And password is my password to get into my email? I
Yes.
'm really sorry, but I must be missing the obvious here?
No problem. I have been way behind in fixing the help file to include such information.

I'm curious about what temperatures where you having problems at?

I was testing my set up outside (unusually warm here) with temperatures in the high 20's with no problem. Not using a wireless set up though.

Curt

between 45 and 55 degrees F. I thought about testing the wired but felt that I would rather not risk damaging the laptop.

I have never had an issue with the stoker during cold weather use. I routinely use the stoker in cold weather, just not with Stokerlog or any wifi stuff, just alone controlling the pit.
I just recently wanted to test the efficiency of my pit with the stokerlog software. Its been awhile since i set up the wireless with the stoker.

Originally posted by Amir:
No, no. Unless you use Google, you need to change those to the settings recommended by your email provider. They readily provide that for configuring email programs.

Amir: Thanks for your help! I'm sorry to keep asking, but you offer a really great feature on Stokerlog that I can't seem to get to work (and I know it's user error)
For host I put in smtp.msn.com (is that right for msn email?)

What port do I use?

And when I enter my phone number and carrier, it also doesn't seem to work.

I have enabled email logging.

For msn, you need to use the outgoing server name which is: smtp.email.msn.com

I can't find a port number for it. Try 25 or blank and see which one works.

And check the box that has to do with Secure login.

You also need to decide to either use phone email or msn. Can't have it both ways. So if you are trying to use msn, do NOT check the "send to phone" box.

Let us know if it works.

If nothing works, you may want to set up a temporary Google account and get that working first using the default settings in stokerlog.

Amir-

I unsuccessfully tried MSN as you instructed. So I created a google mail account. Since I blew away the old settings trying msn, I now have as host: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 25
I've checked secure login
User name: (my new googlemail address)
Passord: (my new googlemail password)

Pushed send message. Nothing shows up in google mail. (also checked it's junk folder). Do I have a wrong port number for google mail?

I've left send to blank.

Back