Just want to make sure i'm up-to-date

My latest efforts include clearing all of the email boxes, and just selecting my cell phone send to, with the correct carrier selected. Still nothing. I have allowed Stokerlog thru my firewall. Still, nothing.

Perhaps in a future update, one thing that would be nice is if Stokerlog could do what Outlook and other email clients do when setting up an account. You push the test message, and it shows a line of things happening and it says fail or not fail. While I understand Stokerlog is not an email client, this would greatly help the "I pushed the send button and nothing" issue. At the very least we would know if something, whether it be a password issue, a SMTP/mail issue or even an issue with our mail provider.
Or perhaps it would just use the outgoing email build in to any computer. That would make this a non-issue.

Actually- here's an error that happens the first time I try to send an email. Foreign language to me, but perhaps someone else?

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
at System.Net.Mime.MailBnfHelper.ReadMailAddress(String data, Int32& offset, String& displayName)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress.ParseValue(String address)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)
at StokerLog.Mail.SendMail(String mymessage, String subject, String file) in C:\Documents and Settings\Amir\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Mail.vb:line 54
at StokerLog.MailParams.TestMail_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Amir\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\MailParams.vb:line 12
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Originally posted by james brosche:
Perhaps in a future update, one thing that would be nice is if Stokerlog could do what Outlook and other email clients do when setting up an account. You push the test message, and it shows a line of things happening and it says fail or not fail. While I understand Stokerlog is not an email client, this would greatly help the "I pushed the send button and nothing" issue. At the very least we would know if something, whether it be a password issue, a SMTP/mail issue or even an issue with our mail provider.
Or perhaps it would just use the outgoing email build in to any computer. That would make this a non-issue.
You are confusing me with a less lazy programmer
icon_smile.gif

It is a good suggestion. I will put it on the Todo list.

Mark, your "Send To" line is wrong.

Here is a quick tutorial:

User Name: this is the name you would use as part of your email address. You would use "foo" if your email address is "foo@gmail.com"

Host Name: this you look up as I mentioned.

Passowrd: is what it says.

Send To: this is the email address for the recipient. If you want it to get to your account above, then put in "foo@gmail.com" Note that this time, you need to put the full email address in. Alternatively, you can use a different email address here to send a message for example to your phone, work email, etc. In this situation, the above server is used to send the email, but the message is received at another address.

From: this shows up as the name of the "person" sending the email. It can be anything you set it to.

Port: you have to look this up.

Secure Login: this is also something you look up. Usually it is set.

In using my gmail account:

username:markerskine184
password is my password
send to: markerskine184@gmail.com

Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587 (I've also tried 465)
Secure login is checked
enable email logging is checked.

I get nothing. Have checked my gmail, and gmail junk mail. Nada.

Same when I blank out all the email field and try to text my phone. It's not getting out of Stokerlog.

Mark-
Were you ever able to get anything going with the email? I use roadrunner email through my cable provider, and cannot get any test messages to work either.

I did get it to work with a gmail account and port 25. I did have to make sure that the from field had a full email address in it to not get that crazy alert to pop up (the same one you noted earlier). It has to be something with the port and our email carriers. Not sure what the deal was, but a win is a win.

Back