Just returned from Houston

S Whipple

TVWBB Member
Hey All, Just got back from Houston, TX this evening a with 220 lbs. of smoke and grilling wood (post oak, pecan, and mesquite) for $30. I'm thinking I made out pretty well and I'm also thinking my purchase may have been excessive.

I've been consumed, at times, with acquiring different varies--in sufficient quantities--ever since I began to run-out of the 5 lbs. of oak, cherry and apple, I purchase at the same time as my WSM this summer.

Has anyone else been afflicted by this bug? Man... I feel like the journey to good Q is enhanced when you hunt and harvest, or hunt and purchase smoke wood for the man who cut it vs. purchasing bags via the internet or the Home Depot.

S Whipple

Hey neighbor, maybe we can swap hickory and apple for some of them there goodies
icon_biggrin.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S Whipple:
Hey All, Just got back from Houston, TX this evening a with 220 lbs. of smoke and grilling wood (post oak, pecan, and mesquite) for $30. I'm thinking I made out pretty well and I'm also thinking my purchase may have been excessive.

I've been consumed, at times, with acquiring different varies--in sufficient quantities--ever since I began to run-out of the 5 lbs. of oak, cherry and apple, I purchase at the same time as my WSM this summer.

Has anyone else been afflicted by this bug? Man... I feel like the journey to good Q is enhanced when you hunt and harvest, or hunt and purchase smoke wood for the man who cut it vs. purchasing bags via the internet or the Home Depot.

S Whipple </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I collect wood just like a lot of folks here. Going to help a friend trim his oak tree next week. I told him he needs to elevate his tree a little....and that I'll help him trim it and remove the couple of "chunk" size branches with the chain saw.

He thinks I am just being nice.....but we all know better.

I now have quite a collection of Pecan, oak, maple, and a little bit of orange left.

I purchased the wood from "The Wood Chop" a bbq/firewood supplier which is located on 6613 (?) Pinemont Dr./Rd./Ave. And, transported it in the back storage cuddy of my Odyssey in heavy duty trash bags.

Hey neighbor, fortunately, I am well stocked w/hickory and apple 70/40lbs. But, if you find yourself in the cold, I would be willing to come off a stick of each.

Hey All, thanks for the replies its nice to hear from you.

S Whipple

Back