Just picked up an ex4. Any recommendations?

Michael N

TVWBB Fan
Hey there,
I’ve been cooking on WSM, performers, and genesis 310s for years. Are there any recommended guides for how to start experimenting with this bad boy? Just use the app?

thanks!

Congrats and welcome to the club. Just use the time and temps you always use. The right side is hotter than the left so use that to your advantage. I prefer low and slow cooking on the top cooking grate with a drip pan on the main grate. I sear on the lower grate. Expect flying ash until you get the inside gunked up and then it eases up. Some folks clean the interior frequently and some of us wait until the build up is embarrassing. My EX6 will eat any pellet brand I feed it. Some grills seem to be picky. Weber Smokefire pellets are made by Lumberjack(LJ). LJ also makes their brand and Cabelas and their pellets are slightly smaller in diameter than the other brands. Remove the finger guard in the pellet hopper 1 screw at a time to improve pellet flow. Those screws lock the pellet chute into the hopper. Just cook on it and have fun.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Just use the time and temps you always use. The right side is hotter than the left so use that to your advantage. I prefer low and slow cooking on the top cooking grate with a drip pan on the main grate. I sear on the lower grate. Expect flying ash until you get the inside gunked up and then it eases up. Some folks clean the interior frequently and some of us wait until the build up is embarrassing. My EX6 will eat any pellet brand I feed it. Some grills seem to be picky. Weber Smokefire pellets are made by Lumberjack(LJ). LJ also makes their brand and Cabelas and their pellets are slightly smaller in diameter than the other brands. Remove the finger guard in the pellet hopper 1 screw at a time to improve pellet flow. Those screws lock the pellet chute into the hopper. Just cook on it and have fun.
Thanks, I already join your FB group.

I have 120 lbs of Cableas on the way and I’ll start experimenting more for flavor soon. 3 cooks in and I’d say this is the easiest all in one I’ve used. I might even sell my wsm. Its the ease of a gasser with the flavor of a smoker or charcoal.

also, thanks for all the info you’ve compiled!

Back